Friday, January 1, 2010

Goodbye teenhood.

Dashes of colours in the sky.


With the cup of sparkling juice in hand, we rushed to the car porch to watch the fireworks.


KeeBen: "There'll be 3 spots with fireworks in the sky. *points to the 3 directions respectively* That is MBPJ side. That is from 1U... *ponders a while* and that is from the Sunway Pyramid side..... Yes yes yes!"


Keecynn whispers loudly to my ear: He says that every new year. EVERY year w/o fail.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.
Then we went back into the living room, and countdown along with the tv programme.


Was wondering why the show only countdown after the fireworks were released.


AND today dad reminded me that there was telecast delay of 3 minutes. Dang~ We were late by 3 minutes cos we were watching the countdown in taiwan. Shucks. HAHA.





Nevertheless, this is the first time I spent my new year's eve counting down with friends instead of my family.


---2010---

It signifies a lot of things. And it's all in ONE. I left teenhood.


(Though not officially just yet!! =P but still... :( hahaha)





How does it feel like to be 20 (unofficially)?


---> Hmmm... It feels like knocking on the door of the world of adults and say "HI! I'm a newbie!" Lol. and yet it feels like i just had a graduation from the world of teenage.





Looking back, year 2009 has been.. i'd say, phase-changing. It's me entering University.. Leaving family for studies (in a way eventhough it's not too far a distance) .


There were good moments and memories I treasure a lot;
There were really bad moments I'd like to avoid thinking about them BUT i knew i have to face them.





Leaving college was rather sad. 2 years have passed just like that. JUST LIKE THAT. Aint long aint short BUT I've gotta admit i've got a bunch of GREAT friends from there. So much memories with them till sometimes Im so afraid I'll forget my high school friends.





This whole college period..was when I experienced my first love, my first freedom of driving around and lots more of my first.. There were a lot of firsts, whether major or minor.


First love was sweet and painful. Haha. and i had to let it go and let it go i shall

Nevertheless, I learned a lot, so, thank you.


First freedom of driving around and hanging out was awesome of course. ;P


Oh, not forgetting my first gay friend. :)


First time gambling during CNY at choon's place. (Aww memories)


First trip with friends (redang...)


Okay, a lot of firsts. Too much to list. So go figure out urself and check with me. HAHA





Wonderful experience indeed. Fulfilling.





HOWEVER, that also means painful to leave.


Of course, it's not so much on the friends and all that kills me to go to the University.


The first and foremost thing which kills me to go to the University was the time of notification.


There probably wasnt even a time.


It's not so much of the physical preparation (like packing etc) as well, it's more on the mental preparation.


Like a fool knocking left and right on the walls, I came into NTU.

Nope, I didnt get to tell any friends in advance.
Tasha knew cos she happened to call. And she cried. (awww..)
I logged into msn hoping that someone was there for me to let out.


I saw shan and i told her. Not much of a response. But yeah, i probably just got to tell shan over msn.



For those of you who knows me well, you know i didnt came here very willingly cos i had other dreams. Plus all the rush.. I started off my Uni days not-so-happily. Haha.


Despite the fact that I tried to anticipate, the people and the environment..kinda let me down.


BUT of course, knowing who I am, u know I'll have my ways. Cheh~ =P


HAHA. Not that Im saying Im studying in this Uni very happily right now, but well, I know it was my decision and Im responsible for my decision.




I know what I am doing. I believe in myself. That's more than enough right?





Back in Msia, each one of my friends are complaining about their uni life to me. Of course, I had my part of complains as well. But then again, like I said and like my dad said:

"If the environment would not change for you, you shift your mindset to adapt to the environment." (I would say paradigm shift rather than change urself cos that's just not right. U are who u are and u cant just change like that BUT mindset is sth that u can adjust.)




So when we complain, we complain BUT we knew we have to face it sooner or later. So let us all face it with courage alright?


LOL. Yeah, done with the philosophical side of me.





Moving on to the sentimental side of me.


Hmmm, Im a person who tries to look back a lot. Not that I refuse to look forward upon the future. It's more like, I always wana remind myself what I've went through and appreciate them and not forget them.


Chinese always say, dont forget your roots.


Cos I am what I am today with all those memories in mind.


W/o the memories, I'll be like a living zombie walking around with a blank soul. Right?


YEP, that's why I KEEP A LOT OF SMALL LIL THINGS.


Those who've seen my 纪念箱 woud know. =P


AND PICTURES! OH have i mention how it feels like to see photos which reminds you sth you've long forgotten? YES YES, i need to get an external hard disk ASAP before the photos occupied the entire space of my laptop! GRH.





And so it's a brand new year. New year resolutions, anyone?


Ai yai yai... mine? To make a difference.


This time round, I wont list them down. I'll have them in my head instead.


Cos u know how u always list them down and u'll dump it aside after 3 months RIGHT.


Anyways, this is one of my new year resolution and i hope i'll be persistent enough to do this.



YES, I've decided to upload pictures of people in my life(with me if possible). Let's see if I could do it for a year. I thought of this on one really random midnight when I was studying alone home in sgpore. I suddenly realised i havent seen my maternal grandparents for very very long time. It kinda struck me to realise I might not even have a photo of just me and my grandpa or grandma. Same goes to my paternal grandparents. AND a lot more important people in my life.
-
But it's not goina be just the important people in my life. Random people which I learnt sth from them or I just miss them suddenly. They'll appear too. =P
-
Neways, LONG STORY CUT SHORT.
-

-

I decided to start with a picture of me with most important people in my life which i've always taken for granted as an introduction.


"DAD, MOM, I know I haven't been a filial daughter. There are probably many times I've let you all down. And many times I didn't help you all much or lessen ur burden. Nevertheless, I know you all love me. And I love you all. You guys probably think I prioritize my friends more than you guys cos i've been out with my friends more often than spending time at home nowadays. I just wana let you all know that, I love you all and express it in a different way.
Definitely not the way I express to my friends, I dont know why. HAHA. Most likely cos of the way you brought us up. Thanks a lot for bringing me up and guiding me all the while. All the patience and love. I hope I'll be a daughter who makes you guys proud."




---HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE---

No comments: