Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The cavalry ain't coming. You've got to do this yourself.

Some motivation this morning :)

From Chris Gardner :

On Life

(1). “The Cavalry Ain’t Coming. You’ve Got To do This Yourself.”
(2). “Make Your Vision Larger Than Yourself”
(3). “It’s Your Responsibility To Pursuit What Matters”
(4). “We were homeless, we were not hopeless. There’s a world of difference.”
(5). “Do something that you love. Whatever you’re going to do is going to be tough enough. Find something that gets you so excited that the sun can’t come up early enough in the morning because you want to go do your thing.”

On Success

(6). “There is no plan B for passion”
(7). “Ready or not, Tell yourself to jump”
(8). “It’s ok to FAIL it’s not ok to Quit”
(9). “Baby steps count, as long as you are going forward. You add them all up, and one day you look back and you’ll be surprised at where you might get to.”

On Pursuits Of Happyness

(11). “You have to be bold because there will be folks who will say “You can’t” or “You shouldn’t” or “Why?” There is a certain boldness to saying “Well, I really don’t want to be a high-powered corporate lawyer. I’m really passionate about painting.”
(12). “Though my mom had too many of her own dreams denied, deferred and destroyed, she instilled in me that I could have dreams. And not just have dreams but had a responsibility to make them reality. My mom taught me from a very early age that I could do anything I wanted to do. ”
(13). “Don’t ever let someone tell you you can’t do something. Not even me. You got a dream. You gotta protect it. People can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you you can't do it. If you want something, go get it. Period.” 

From Joel Neoh:

Be comfortable living in uncertainty."
Be happy with nothing. "
Happiness is not having more of what you want, but wanting more of what you have. 

******************************************************************************
TWO movies I want to watch:

No comments: