Monday, December 22, 2008

searching for answers to "what is life?" & "what is love?"

What is our life about?
As I hurtle through the fourth dimension, trying to figure out and looking for answers, I find myself from clues to clueless!

To some, life is all about love.
But in the eyes of some, there are only money $$ in their visions.
And some of the people, struggle their whole life just wanting to be cynosure of all eyes.

I guess it's something really subjective.

One told me :
" I think life is about how u spend it and why u choose to spend it that way.
For me, my life is basically just do what I think is in the best interest for myself.
I only live once, and I would very much make full use of it,
by adventuring in the things that I desire."

He told me this quote by Robert Byrne, a chess player :
"The purpose of life is a life of purpose"

and he added:
"We live for a purpose, what purpose? Only we can find out ourselves right?
To me , I live to find that purpose."

That struck me. It got me thinking, do I live to find THE purpose? Or am I born with a purpose? Like, am I born to bring peace or joy or SPICE to the world?

Nothing new. Questions I've always been asking and still looking for answers. But jyethe did relieved me a bit.

But he also said he prefer to quote it as "The meaning of life is a life of meaning".
As for me, I'll still go with the same line, "The gift of life is life itself". It is really up to you whether to appreciate the gift or to destroy it or make it an even greater gift to yourself. The gift is given to you. It's yours. You decide what to do with it.


Moving on to defining love.

I've got a few answers. Actually, it's more like a conclusion than answers.
Because there arent's any answers to it.

"I think love is something u know, love to me is like the meaning of life.
You know once you find it.
If you found it, thats it.
Sometimes we think its love because we experience new things with that person
Therefore we go through hardships finding that "special" someone
But once we live through all that,
Once it all compiles, we then know what we are looking for.
We are certain.
So when we find that person thats just makes u feel, new
thats love. " says jyethe.


"For me, love can happen anytime to anyone but on whether your love will be accepted or not depends on the other person
There are many ways to define love, like those you know
love is blind,love is bliss...that kind of thing.
Frankly,
I can't really define love for you
cause love is an innate thing.
Too subjective.
It is what goes on in you that tells you that you love that person more than the other.
Words that have been given out over the centuries about love are roughly the surface
It is all truly up to the person to find out for himself or herself what is love.
That is what I believe." says Ian.

Well, whether it's about life or love, there will never be a definite answer to it. Philosophers and tonnes of anonymous for the past centuries and till today, are still trying to define life or love.

I guess it is really up to an individual to decide what they want out of their life in unfavourable circumstances and conditions which are inevitable. Right?

Depending on priorities and circumstances, your life will be living up to your choices.

An ordinary peaceful life...
or an extravaganza one?

YOU choose.

No comments: