Friday, October 12, 2012

Pursuing Meaningful Life.

Ok, so this is another rare post. In fact almost never written about stuff like this before.
P.S. Cut the crap and start reading from the 2nd section highlighted with "Main Point".

So last night I was on my Flipboard till I fall asleep again.
I happened to read about Malala Yousafzai from BBC News.

Then just this morning, after studying, when I had the usual fingers' temptation to type "facebook.com"...
I figured, gosh, I waste so much time of Facebook just scrolling up and down the news feed, looking at photos, my own profile repeatedly, EVERYDAY. Why?

"I must change this habit. I need to seek a meaningful website. And I look forward to the day I start typing other alphabets instead of typing "f" + "Enter" -> Haha, you know what I mean, don't you?!"

Exactly that! *points above*

Not that going to Facebook is a sin BUT I'm a self-confessed Facebook addict.
Just thought that it is rather pointless repeating the same thing again and again w/o benefiting from it.
That's as good as extravagantly spending another moment with no meaning.

Seriously, I don't know what struck me lately. Why am I being so different?
SO...organized, focused, neat...
Everything I used to be so lazy to do?

*******************************************************************
Okays, all that aside. Main Point -> I went to CNN.com and I saw this:


So I read up about the Taliban which led me to Mullah Omar, which then link up to Osama bin Laden via Abdullah Azzam.

I am considering two promises. One is the promise of Allah, the other of Bush. The promise of Allah is that my land is vast...the promise of Bush is that there is no place on Earth where I can hide that he won't find me. We shall see which promise is fulfilled.
—Mullah Omar, 2001


Last but not least, the National Hero of Afghanistan - Massoud.

********************************************************************

Couldn't help but wonder. What's the root of all these??
Did it all started from Sheikh Azzam? 
Why or how then did Azzam embrace such ideologies?

The existence of "Offensive jihad" and "Defensive jihad" (which I am still not very acquainted with yet)?

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I mourn for the dark side but am glad there's the bright side like Malala and Massoud.
Can't help but to be curious about the seemingly incomprehensible world.

Oh God meme

No comments: