Saturday, July 9, 2011

Am sad

Took my blood test report earlier and got to know that my hyperthyroid relapse. AGAIN.

In my mind I was thinking, oh no.. have to take medicine again? that means gain weight again? aihz. I dont like to be under medication.

To my surprise, doctor looked at the report and said, "You may wana consider surgery?"

There was a 2nd option, radioisotope.

I asked the doctor about the risks.

For surgery, you'll get a scar and cos it's cutting near the throat and there's a nerve which links to voice box or sth. If accidentally cut the nerve, I may lose my voice. But if I get a good surgeon, it shouldnt be a big problem.

For radioisotope, there's a very small risk I'll get cancer since it's radioactive treatment.

Or I guess I can just keep taking medicine and monitor like how I've always done it? Just that it won't heal la..

I thought I've been well in control thus far, in terms of handling emotions and matters. Until I realize I'm actually having my hyperthyroid again, then I can feel the goitre doing its trick.

I guess, mind matters?

I don't have hyperthyroid I don't have hyperthyroid I don't have hyperthyroid I don't have hyperthyroid I don't have hyperthyroid I don't have hyperthyroid I don't have hyperthyroid I don't have hyperthyroid I don't have hyperthyroid

No comments: