Tuesday, January 5, 2016

JinniJourney #105 - 3rd Jan 2016

It's a strange feeling. Looking back at posts, reminding you about things-you-absolutely-had-no-idea-you-said-before. Haha, kinda wanna laugh looking at the old posts, yet sometimes amazed at my "wisdom" at young age, LOL.

Was trying hard to recall my blog url cos I just needed an avenue to release my thoughts but it's too private to be posted on Facebook. That's always the time I remembered I have a blog.
So the last time I posted was almost a year ago (well, seems like the trend is on average of every 7 months, I'll come back again).

Ok, so it's 2016.

Let's reflect on 2015.
- Conquered Mt Rinjani
- CEO leadership (collaboration) award
- Promoted to Senior Engineer
- Left job & Stuck my leg into the startup world (Biggest move in my life)
- Study mobile app development
- Applied for Masters (& got it)
- Resolved with past mistakes & Reconnected with bff (Best xmas present)
- Celebrated 2 years anniversary
- Been to Barcelona & Toulouse
- Surprised him with birthday present
- Dream about transportation revolution just as ever
- Interviewed tonnes of people in the social industry
- Travel to and fro JB, met an inspiring man & family with a lot to learn from

What I learned from all these:
1) Impermanence
2) Trade expectation with gratitude.
3) Don't be afraid to step out and approach. If you never try, you'll never know.
You really don't have to get everything ready to talk to someone, because you'll never be ready enough. What's the worse thing that can happen? No reply, or worse still, Rejection.
But that's okay. 如果别人朝着你扔石头,就不要扔回去了,留着做你建高楼的基石。


No comments: