Monday, January 21, 2013

They ask me why and I don't know how to answer

Hmmm, yester-night, we were having our 'grad trip meeting' and then during the 'tong sui' session...
The topics were like job hunting, life plans, financial plans (mainly to pay off loans) etc. And suddenly I feel guilty.
Most of my friends hafta think about paying off debts, then rentals etc. It's all the things I can easily take for granted.
And my friends are envious of my financially stable family (well averagely stable I suppose). One made a remark and he wasn't the first to say this to me.
"Why do you hafta make it so difficult for yourself? Your family seemed quite well to do."
Idk. It's just, I've this thing in me. I believe that for what it's worth, I need to fight for it. Of course, I dare not say I'm fully capable of being independent but at least I can say I'm not a spoil brat?
A lot of ppl don't get it. I.. don't know how to explain either.

 Regardless, I'm just glad that my parents gave me the luxury to dream big. They let me escape from financial and family burdens. Not everyone's so lucky.. And precisely cos of that, I feel like I've to do more and not waste this gift

No comments: