Saturday, November 3, 2012

Victimizing VS Victimized

Who's the real victim?
Surely, everyone would have undoubtedly said, "The Victimized of course!"


I say, every human is subconsciously prone to victimizing others in order to make themselves feel more superior BUT THAT'S JUST BECAUSE they were in one way or another, victimized (as well).

So wait, tell me again, who is the victim? :/


Haha yeah, if asked to cite sth significant I learned lately, this has to be one of it.
Victimized and victimizing, it's a vicious cycle.

Now why would I say that? Apart from the Asian Horror Films I've been studying about, I've another very good reasoning behind this.


A friend of mine, K, had always seemed to be a more know-it-all than me.
I accepted that 'fact' and it's been 2-3 years now.
But guess what?Few days ago, K's friend (whom I'm not very close to) was so comfortably telling me K's weaknesses
and how K is not liked among that community.
THAT was like a revelation of why I am 'victimized' in that sense.
Mr. Know-it-all whom I've always accept it as he is... Who would have thought right?


Well, I'm not going to elaborate more on how this goes round and round..
What I really wana say is, maybe it is not impossible to break out of this cycle?
In my opinion, when one seek for strength, it is important that he/she does not do it through victimizing
and constantly be reminded of it.
As human as we are, flawed as we are, sometimes we still do it unintentionally.
But if you were 'victimized' and you know how it felt like to be one, then DON'T pass it on.
No, don't even retaliate.

Fight, for the right reasons, the right way.
That, my friend, earns true respect.

While on the victimizing side, I'd say, believe the good in everyone, just as you should, in yourself.



No comments: